Friday, March 11, 2011

The Power Of "Me Time"

On my teen age years I think I found my "me time" moment while walking to my grandpa's place or my father's house. For me it's my sanctuary to meditate on things while walking and seeing  beautiful scenery of nature. Thru that I find my way to what I want in life and it does give sense up to this day. From then on  I find walking an activity that I enjoy .I don't know if how important is "me time" to you gurls. After staying at home  for almost a decade now I knew "me time" really works. It's not that I don't like to be with my kids or I fed up over the household chores, but I think everyone deserves a break from what she is doing. It's a therapy  for some stressful moments . I know moms can agree to this idea. For single gurls, I know working in an office hours  with so much deadlines also wants to be rejuvenated once in a while as a treat for self, maybe watch a movie or eating out.

When I'm still working what I looked forward  is a  time for my monthly facial so with a hair cut or a trim perhaps. I also love to eat alone and see new things and new places. I enjoy the moment to window shop and give myself a privilege of buying something. It made my day in that sense. Now that I am a mom and stuck in the house, my favorite activity on my " me time" moment is having a spa-body massage preferably, of course monthly facial is still on my list. Having a cup of hot brewed coffee while eating bread  after my malling time..am I not sounding too old for this one? When I'm still in my 20's I remember that I always wanted to order for a cold one at coffee shop now I prefer hot! ohh does it comes with age? That choices also differ? :)

I also used "Me time" for meditating. Thinking back on things, played it back on my memories so I know what will I need to improve or what  I should do.It does make sense.
                                       
                                               
                                                     

By the way what's your "me time" activity then? Does this concept also works for you?



Photos courtesy of google except cupcakes shop which is a personal shot.

7 comments:

  1. Me time differs depending on my mood :) Sometimes it's sewing, photography, reading, having a nice glass of wine, or rockclimbing. But GAH! i want to go to the spa now!!! haha!

    http://samalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment :) btw, i just realized now, you're from the philippines as well! we should follow each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this really makes me realize that I actually need to start taking "me" time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Me time" is very importand for me too... I always need some time to think and put things in order :)

    justhedonism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized that I don't ever give myself any "me time", except at night when I read a chapter of my book right before bed. Otherwise I'm just go go go all day long. I think it is important to make time for yourself, I just never seem to be able to find that time.
    I would love it if you would check out my blog, getting your opinion would be great!
    http://alyshaemarie.blogspot.com/
    I appreciate any insights. :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget