Friday, October 26, 2012

Baked Goodies: Butter Cake

Hi! For couple of weeks I have longer time spend with my two daughter(s). Our activities mostly consist of cooking and baking. For span of two weeks, we find time for that and gaining weight for eating sweets doesn't feel good at all huh!.*le sigh* It's hard to control when you have delicious food within your reach. However I always love butter cake. It's one of my favorite that I enjoy eating as I sip my coffee.Baking your own at home is like a big fulfillment. My daughter gave me a big grin for baking  the cake successfully, Now I think she finds her passion.

                                                     
                                                                             
                                                 

                                                 

Ingredients :

9                eggs
2       c.      sugar
2       c.      butter
3 1/2 c.      cake flour
3 tsp.         baking powder
3/4    c.      chilled milk

Procedure:

1.  Beat egg yolks with 1 cup sugar until fluffy
2.  Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
3   Add yolk mixture.
4.  Sift cake flour and baking powder together.
5.  Fold in alternately with chilled milk.
6.  Beat egg whites with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff.
7.  Fold in flour mixture.
8.  Pour into 3 greased-lined- greased loaf pans.
9.  Baked at 350 F for 40 minutes
10.Cool and wrap in plastic sheet to keep moist. Store at room temperature. Flavors improves after 24 hours.


Son1 and son2 are now on their semestral break too! Let's see what the days will bring for this family.


                                                           Happy Friday to all!



-all images by audrina julia

10 comments:

  1. Andrea Ramirez MartinezOctober 27, 2012 at 3:26 AM

    That is so so yummy! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter: @shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo this sure does sound absolutely delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe look at you baking with your fancy cake flour. Does it make a big difference? I think I should finally get my hands on some.

    xx Jenee C.
    {camo meets couture}

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh this sounds so yummy!! BUTTER cake.. just sounds delicious.. so going to try this!!

    ohh to answer your question about the lipstick.. it's a combination of 2 lipsticks and 1 lipgloss haha

    i know i'm difficult haha

    the two lipsticks are from revlon - #668 primrose & #660 berry haute & lorac brand lotsa lip gloss #2693 Babie


    i usually do 1 coat of primrose and then depending on how bright i want the lipstick i'll do 1 to 3 or 4 coats of berry haute on top and then i finish off w/ a swipe of babie.. but honestly i think any cream lipgloss w/ a bit of color would do :)



    www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenee! A friend told me using cake flour makes the chiffon more smoother to taste. I just follow what he says. I think it make sense. I also bought a bigger sifter, for obvious reason ha ha. Thanks for my daughter's push and for your inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Thanks for the info Lisa. You're so kind to give all the details.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. delicious :)
    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh that sounds and looks delicious. I'll admit I've never heard of butter cake but am definitely keen to give it a try...
    xx
    www.atipsytart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness does this look delicious!

    xoxo, your newest follower
    Melisa

    Stop by and check out my blog if you'd like :)
    http://mylittlesliceoflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget