Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Home Details

A home is every ones dream. A place where your family builds memories to last a life time. When I got the chance to have my own home back then six years ago, I was not that focus on the details of the house.What I consider most is that I wanted to have a  kitchen with overlooking window a nice pull out cabinet that I could put all my plates and glasses. A minimal size bathroom where it could be a place of comfort. A sanctuary after a long day of work. As I remember then I'm more into the detailing of the accessories and tiles. We ask to change the original materials from our own taste. That causes me to be busy then. 


A lovely Porch
photo via
                                      

We opted for a house and lot package so everything was more on choosing the model of the unit. Upon turn over of the unit it's up to the homeowner to change, add and extend, so be it. Before moving in I decided  for a relocation of bathroom and kitchen to widen and expand the space by extending the available lot space at the backyard. So everything is said and my point is, after staying for a couple of months that's the time I knew that I needed more space or rooms like closet, pantry and  laundry area. Even a larger porch and a  lanai is something that I wish I ask to do. A great place to read, eat, drink and unwind with our friends. It's very hard to achieve it now as we lack in space.

After a long thought I wish I able to think it first back then before deciding what I want. It's very hard to focus since I'm still working when the house construction began. That's the time also when I'm not yet that skilled as a hand-on housekeeper and a stay at home mom. Laundry chores before is something that I never do so having a nice laundry area and a heavy duty reliable machine is far away from my mind before not like now as I post here and here. Lifestyle is not the same when I have somebody back then to do household chores for me. A plus when my mother is still around and living with us. Those who live in Asian country know what I mean about this.  

A cozy entry way
photo via
                                     
                                       
Wide sliding doors and overlooking  space
photo via
mini bar and a built in couch
photo via
A space when you want to be alone and read
photo via
Small kitchen space I love the faucet details above the range. Cooking will be much easier
photo via
A mud room. Place I badly  needed.
photo via
via
Cozy bulb light at night. Perfect for romantic and intimate talk outdoor
photo via
                                                 

Love the idea of an open vegetable  drawer
photo via  
and pull out  drawer underneath the sink
photo  via
Chopping board  with a hole. Scrap direct down to the trash. What a great idea
photo via
                                             

via
via
I will love to let you see our home in my future post. Learning from something is a great experience to be better. Life changes through time so with  taste and perspective. 

Readers do you have your own home or renting still? Are you particular with the details before the construction? What place in your house is your main concern?

Thanks for dropping by and have a nice day!

                         

2 comments:

  1. We bought our home a little over a year ago. I am very into home design so there are non-stop projects for us, but we love it. I actually wish we had space for a mud room too!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. A vegie draw is genius!! Why isn't that in every household already?

    xx Jenee C.
    {camo meets couture}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget