How come it's July already? Days come too quick that when you don't take it slow there's so many moments that will be left behind. Don't you think so? The heat is still on considering Philippines is a tropical country but am glad rainy days started, atleast the headache of this lady will be gone away. Too much heat makes me sick.
On the other note, school year officially started here and it's another reason for us to adjust. Early morning wake up calls and early call for bedtime is the main key that makes the difference. It will take a month or so before our system get to adjust to the new routine, I think. It doesn't come easier as new season comes for me as a mother. Sometimes I forgot things on how I manage to adjust to the previous season and survive the beautiful "chaos" of motherhood until I pause for a while and carve an alone time, to take a deep breath and reflect. Meditate. This trick as I call it, never fails. It always help me to stand strong and to stand still. I think there's no such thing that you could "master" the craft as everyone of us have a different path to pursue and undertake. Though we only have a mission and that is to do the best we can for our children.
I listed down some notes below that personally gives me an easier balance in my day routine. I have tried and tested several things but these are only what is left that has given me much help to make life easier and to put anxiety at bay. Feel free to share yours. Motherhood is a beautiful community that unites, so anything good you say might be of help to others too, right?
1. As much as possible I do the laundry chores on a day to day basis. ( If not, succeeding day should be double loads )
2. On weekdays, our meals are cook before supper double purpose for the next day kids pack lunch. for school. However, I'm trying these time to pack newly cook rice with it.
3. Doing as short as fifteen minutes Pilates is a sanctuary to begin my day with.
4. Cultivating soil and a touch of greeney is within my nature so a routine with the plants helps to calm my senses.
5. And for Friday, to say hello to the weekend we started a routine last year with the two youngest to eat out after school so they can do what they want at night. If that makes to go early to bed or to stay late at night. It's up to them, I mean it's friday, right? The bottom line is we are still having our dinner together, may it be outside or infront of our dining table at home.
6. Alone time. May it be sipping my morning cup of coffee, going to supermarket ( which I fond to do by the way ) or a time for wellness; spa or a trip to salon. It makes me feel like I did'nt deprive myself to look and feel good eventhough my time is almost cut out on household chores. I know i don't need to elaborate on this part and you know what I mean. Don't you? Hello, self esteem!
7. Weekdays and that means five days of multi tasking is all what is needed to be done that's why I came out to this decision to slow down on Saturdays and Sundays. All major chores will be put at bay and schedule only for weekdays. Petty things can be done on weekends but that's it! I started to tell myself to be good on my well being and take time to rest. In the first place it's hard when a mom got sick. It's proven that our home will somewhat collapse.
Nowadays I am happy the way motherhood is to me. It now comes back to those time that it's only more on physical chaos. Like the never ending laundry that I think will forever be my kryptonite ha ha! The emotional struggles passed it's phase and I'm thankful for His guidance that gives me light and hope to those times. I know it doesn't come yet to an end since life is a roller coaster ride. But I'm grateful that He help me show the life on how to live in contentment, hope and peace even though there can be times that you're sleeping in a torn of roses. Everything in life comes easy when you surrender it all up to Him.
And to top it all, though we all have our "struggles" and blah about our day to day but in our heart and in our mind and to our core, the passion and love never fades. That's why each one of us strive hard to reach out and unite because the spark of love is burning so strong that even struggles will not defeat us. Big hugs to all of you that is been on this journey.